Thursday, June 06, 2013

A puzzle of foam

In an unfortunate incident, that lead to another bizarre occasion, I found myself to be chairman of a certain wildlife society.  It was a bit of a poison chalice because the previous committee had managed to get the whole society banned.  

I, as you would expect, took the situation seriously and took steps to deviate away from drunken riots and decided that  I, and others, should take an avid interested in a serious topic; Fungus.  We all learnt a lot about fungus. Indeed, the topic was rather more popular than I had and I am amazed we didn’t get banned ourselves.

I often forget this part of my life and periodically, when I am reminded, I wear a wry smile.  It was quite an extraordinary journey.

Today I was reminded of my past history in both the wild-life society and the boat when the former left me brain dead and the latter left me stripping the floor.

and the point of the post….


Sonflower has something he doesn’t recognise. I recognise it, but I don’t know why. So – ‘foam from the bilge’ what is it?

4 Comments:

Blogger eeyore said...

Thanks for the reference. Maybe someone will respond from your vast readership.

It could be a fungus. How would I get rid of it?

4:52 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Well, that's two of us that have read the post.
:-)

4:54 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

And one more makes three.

:-)

Absolutely no idea what it is.....

However, a good dose of thin bleach followed by a thorough drying of the bilge will probably get rid of it.

If the bilge can be left to air afterwards that will also help, as will a similarly liberal dose of Cuprinol on any affected woodwork.

Worth a try?

9:23 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

This photograph is how almost every Jon Pertwee episode of Dr Who started.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home