Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ironing….and other disasters.

I have two very busy, very hectic and important days ahead of me and I need to look crisp clean, smart and fine.  This is, of course, how I always look, but I like to make the special effort. 

I was going to iron my shirt but for some reason the generator wouldn’t start and then I realised that the table I was going to iron on wasn’t actually there, so I went up to the garage to iron: here is a poor picture taken on my camera phone.

ironing

This worked well, but not brilliantly… but I am not the best at ironing anyway.  If I wasn’t such a shirt snob I would go and buy two new shirts, but Jermyn Street is a bit far to go on a Sunday afternoon at this time. As it is I am hoping that my duties (and joys) for the next couple of days will be held in a freezing cold room so I can wear my jumper all day – an unlikely scenario

Not having water or 240V is a real pain sometimes!  I was asking Mike about the thaw which he seemed to know quite a lot about. It turns out that if the moon holds out for us (this one has bought a change with it apparently) we should have a thaw this week and combined with a dance around a particular tree (which we happen to have in the allotments) we should definitely have a thaw.  I was about to willingly volunteer for the dance when he pointed out it was at 3am and naked.  I think I will stick with squalor… for now. In a few days however I might have changed my mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Squalor ssince when has my little munchkin lived in squalor.

8:21 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

Who's this you're talking about now?

10:32 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I am not sure Boots likes being called a Munchkin.. he is going to think it over... in terms of squaller he thinks the place could do with a jolly good mopping

10:42 AM  
Blogger John Witts said...

Many have had issues with Maffi's opinions (not me), but no-one can doubt his courage: to call either Boots or Bones 'Munchkin' is so foolhardy brave as to warrant a medal..........

8:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well thank you John!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home