Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sunday

On Sunday I drove up to Banbury to see some friends. The morning started with a visit to St Mary’s in Banbury. The building is impressive and has often caught my eye, but I have never walked around it. The church yard had only one tomb stone which was something to do with Gulliver's Travels, but lots of Tombs.  Inside was quite splendid… unlike the service. John summed it up beautifully when he said there wasn’t any joy there.  There wasn’t.2410201009324102010100 24102010095 24102010101

I had morning coffee, lunch and afternoon  tea with my other friend Peter on nb Futurest.  Peter is very good company and a great adventurer. We had a wonderful time whiling away the day and I love listening to his tales and travels.

On Sunday evening I met up with Rick and went to the Boat Inn where we saw Chrisiy Matthews at the Boat Inn; he is a stunningly good guitarist and I was amazed, honestly!  I will definitely be going next time he plays.  Just as I was about to go he announced a special quest who turned out to be a boy, Aaron, who can’t have been more than 12, he was incredible. honestly.  A grown mans talent in a young mans body. Extraordinary.

A busy Sunday, no wonder I am tired!

2 Comments:

Blogger John Witts said...

Sad there was no joy at St Mary's...

Worship without joy is empty recitation at best.

"Let joy be unconfined!"- a quote,(I think!), from "Much Ado About Nothing".

No wonder us actors were more or less excommunicated for so long!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was attributed to Twain but he stole it from Byron's poem 'The Eve of Waterloo'

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home