Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Banbury Folk Festival: Maclean and Saffin

When I was at the Cropredy Folk Festival I noticed that Dougie Maclean was playing at the Banbury Folk Festival this weekend.  I heard him for the first time at the Cambridge folk festival years ago, and it is one of his songs that I learnt on the guitar.  I jumped at the chance to hear him and purchased a day ticket.  He was, as I remembered, brilliant. Each artist does 2 shows (or so) and I saw Dougie Maclean’s after noon show, I was unable to make it to the evening show. It was great. I also saw Dr Saffin performing a short piece during the day and a repeat of “The Mary Rose: A boat of ill repute” both were wonderful.  I love Saffin’s one women performances and talent with words.  The music was great, but the best part was meeting up with new and old friends. It is, as I often say, the people that make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home