Saturday, October 02, 2010

Not impressed

The other day I left work early in order to come home, relax and do some much needed reading. When I got to the village I noticed Maffi on Granny Buttons (the boat) looking a bit anxious – he had lost Molly.  He THOUGHT she got on at the last lock, but she wasn’t anywhere to be seen.  I asked whether he had checked the boat, and he had… so I said I would cycle down and see if I could find her as he was looking exhausted and Granny Buttons was in the diesel queue. I cycled like the wind hollering after Molly but to no avail.  I got to the lock and there was no sign of the much beloved pooch so I cycled on. The tow path below the lock was so lumpy I thought my head might roll off so I took to pushing the bike… but still no Molly. I called Maffi and asked whether he had checked the cupboards and checked everywhere on the boat ‘no’ says he ‘there is a door in the engine room and she can’t get beyond that’ for a second I wondered if we were talking about the same rather clever dog, the same dog that has made her way through many a door, the same dog that sticks her tongue out at Henley Rowers, the same dog that seems a bit sharp for a pooch.  I urged him patiently to look everywhere, and finally he gave in and said he would.  Within seconds I had a call back – she was behind said door.

I had cycled 3 miles to look for a dog that wasn’t lost. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Northern Pride said...

Think of the exercise benefits though, lol! I expect he was a trifle embarassed, sure he'll make it up to you in one way or another - he owes you now!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Bottle said...

Now come on Bones, Maffi is a man and when we say we have looked everywhere, we have but not where the item we are looking for is.
Perhaps you take a lesson from this, the next time it happens you will look in the places Maffi hasn't.
I do seem to remember this has happened before with Molly, 'not' being behind the same door.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home