Saturday, August 28, 2010

No Floor

Well, finally I have embraced the problem of no floor and yesterday I took the old one up.  And I mean the floor, not just the laminate, not just the underlay, but the whole floor – I even took some of the ballast up to clean underneath it.

27082010417

The new floor is going to be the same as the rest of the boat and is currently outside airing after a good splattering with Cuprinol anti mould 5star treatment. I STILL haven’t decided what to put on top of the new floor. I had laminate before and I thought I might try wood this time, however, I think I will go for the cheap option again not least because IF I am going to pay 300pounds for a new floor I might want to pay more and do the whole boat and IF I am going to do that I think it would be worth paying someone to fit it for me.  It would be heartbreaking to get it wrong.  Plus I simply can’t decide.  I may put more laminate down or just get some thin ply and put it over the top for now while I investigate further and make a proper decision.

Last time I fitted the floor my sister and brother in law helped and we had a fantastic day. They won’t be able to help this time but I like the memories!

4 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

I never realised your boat had crazy paving.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Jaqueline Almdale said...

What about cork flooring?
Jaqueline USA

7:16 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

WC - pretty isn't it! I would have kept it like that but my chair leg kept falling through.

Jaqueline - I am not too keen on cork.

11:16 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

Only in bottles.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home