Thursday, August 26, 2010

The canal opened after 24hours

The canal reopened and as I was feeling poorly I sat in my chair gazing out of the window expecting to see endless boats; there weren’t nearly as many as I had expected… which is surprising as the Oxford Mail, in their report yesterday, said “hundreds of boaters were left stranded…”.  In the link you can see my boat moored up in the boat picture 3rd boat down.  One boat broke the police cordon which I thought was a shame, but then aggression and misunderstanding seems to be on the up amongst boaters.

2 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

I'm having wonderful images of a narrowboat breaking a police cordon. (I suppose it wasn't necessarily a narrowboat!)

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear me, makes me so glad to be on an offshoot of the Leeds Liverpool canal where 60 miles of it is shut indefinately & many locks are padlocked shut, also indefinitely, without any aggro from boaters, in fact it's inspired a community spirit.
How selfish of those people to get angry & frustrated when one lock is closed for 24 hours because someone has died...

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home