Thursday, July 29, 2010

More Morris Men and The Bells

This time the Adderbury Morris men with an interloper from somewhere else were to be seen dancing outside the Bell Inn in Lower Heyford. Maffi came over from Thrupp and we wondered up together (aka having accepted the offer of a lift we remembered I had filled the car with wood, so I jammed myself into the car anyway and we drove up) , via the church as the bells were ringing.  I had no idea that Lower Heyford have a peel. Unfortunately they don’t have enough people to ring regularly, but the group who normally ring at Middleton Stoney periodically ring in Lower Heyford (When the choir aren’t practicing). We had a good chat with the tower captain and then went to the other Bell (Inn) to see more Bells (Morris dancers) with some of the crew from Oxfordshire Narrowboats who are always good company.

28072010205 28072010204

I joined in with the last dance…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home