Wednesday, July 21, 2010

British Waterways and the tree

I emailed  my area of BW “enquiries(dot)southeast (at) britishwaterways (dot) co (dot) uk” to discuss the very overgrown willow tree outside the cottages in Thrupp. when I say discuss, I mean claim for a stiff gin, one plaster and a pot full of lovely flowers. The latter was swept off my roof a few weeks ago – I clearly made a fuss about it because Adrian who wasn’t there at the time, but had similar problems when they went through, fished them out and put them on my roof (a visiting boat had told them they were mine).  BW cut the tree last week:

16072010143

16072010144

I passed through easily on Sunday.  There are several trees further south that completely block the navigation so I hope they will be going down there to do some long awaited maintenance.

BW really do need us, the users of the canal, to let them know about any problems that we encounter, so if you find anything then write to them and let them know. The email address at the top is for the area I am in, and there are ones for all areas. So if you see something, report it and make sure it gets dealt with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home