Friday, July 09, 2010

Kites

Successfully reintroduced to our area - Farmers hate them, Birds watchers love them. We have a plethora of them since the farmers cut the grass in the fields we walk in.  I sat watching the Kites while Boots ate a rabbit (a victim of the mower I suspect).  At one point a Kite went and circled over him, and I wondered whether that would be the end of Boots… as the Kite flew lower and lower I was wondering what I could do. The Kite flew off and left Boots in peace.

DSC06672

DSC06673

DSC06668

5 Comments:

Anonymous mike.griffin@ntlworld.com said...

Hi,

Why do farmers hate kites?

They only eat carrion and small rodents.

We get them on our bird table

7:00 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

the farmers say that isn't true.... I thought that was always the case but I was put right by the farmers (and their eye witness accoutns), then corrected by the bird watcher enthusiasts, apart from one who said they only pick the weaker of the group. I suspect the truth may lie somewhere between the two...

9:12 AM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

I love watching wildlife....I sat with my feet up against the gunwales in a camping chair Saturday morning with a cuppa listening to a Blackbird singing his wears and a Buzzard slowly circle over a field and then swoop and carry off a rabbit. It was just total perfection.

10:01 AM  
Blogger WhatKathyDid said...

So why do farmers hate kites?

2:10 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

because they kill and take stock

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home