Friday, July 23, 2010

Extraordinary!

My contract ends at the end of September and as a result I have been applying for grants to continue my research. I won’t hear about the success of my grants until December at the earliest so I have been planning my retirement for the spare few months or longer if my grant application wasn’t successful.  At the last minute I heard of, and applied for, a bridging grant which will employ me for 6 months during which I should hear about my other grants (I hope you are keeping up with this).

I have just heard that my application was successful. So, plans for retirement are on hold and I am to be employed until the end of March 2011.

 

shocked… that’s me, and very pleased. In the financial climate we find ourselves in I am very very fortunate.

5 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

Hooray! People with strange ocular disorders can shift uneasily in their beds once again.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bones! People who have never written grants have no idea how stressful and time consuming a process it can be. It is not easy to live on soft money, although I've known several folks at my University (Washington State University) and others, who have managed to support themselves, albeit frugally. Best wishes with your research.
Sincerely,
Jaqueline Almdale
Pullman WA USA

10:15 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Great news Bones!

10:17 PM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

Top Banana wooohoooooo and Hip, Hip, Hip HORRAY!!!!!!

Brilliant news Bones, I really hope the other grants come through as well.

Retirement!!!! with all the work you have to do on your boat...never

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news... Hoorah!!!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home