Friday, May 07, 2010

Grant Writing

It hasn’t been an easy week, what with one thing and another, but despite everything else, I have managed to make good headway on the headache of grant writing. At the beginning of the week I realised that one grant was actually going to have to be two grants and after 2 days of intensive work, generating ideas, rapid reading and pacing the fields of Thrupp with little sleep trying tomake my brain work I managed to produce a rather exciting proposal.  The fact that the two grants has now turned into three is starting to be exciting.  

Last night, having worked hard and productively I awarded me, myself and I with a trip to the theatre to see The Odyssey. It was rather good – Greek Mythology with a fine injection of humour.  It was 3 hours long, but as I managed to secure a seat with more leg room than I needed I was quite happy.

Now it is the weekend and I am off camping for the evening tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it, not least because I am going to celebrate a birthday and catch up with people, but it is going to rain, and rain whilst in a tent is divine.

1 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

One grant magically turning into three - you should apply for a job with the Treasury!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home