Tuesday, May 04, 2010

What a good day!

Today I had crew. Allan from Keeping Up came to give me a hand moving the boat from Lower Heyford down to my mooring.  I love having crew and have decided that crew is a jolly good thing. Allan came armed with lunch – salmon sandwiches… I LOVE wives! It reminded me of a lovely day out I had with Bruce at the Dorset Steam fair…his wife, Sue, packed us a picnic too.  We ran over it with a ploughing engine, but fortunately we had eaten the contents!

It was a glorious day today. We had sun, rain and hail.. not to mention the wind!

At Dashwood Lock the clouds gathered.. perfect!

03052010885

Boots decided he didn’t want to go boating, so he got off and walked… so Allan did too

03052010887

Shipton Lock

03052010891

I have enjoyed my time in Heyford, but it is good to back on home turf.  Thank you Allan for your help, after hurting my back I don’t think I could have done all those locks!

1 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

What a lovely picture of the boat.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home