Friday, April 23, 2010

Bad Back: Ouch

I have been signed off for three days, of which this is my third but my back is still sore. The problem is that I now need to move my boat. I have been on this mooring for 14days and any longer would be over staying.  I was going to move up to Allens Lock for a week and then onto Somerton for a get together with a club I belong to.  The thing is, if my back isn’t better, perhaps I should go back to my mooring which is in the opposite direction. Knowing my luck, by the time someone has moved me there I will be completely recovered.

It is very difficult making decisions like this. If I am going to ask someone to move my boat, perhaps it is better to ask them once rather than twice, or even three times! 

Independence is not always a good thing when living on a boat. People are always happy to help, but knowing what to ask is a different matter!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not give BW a ring and see if you can legitimately overstay? When I broke my shoulder several years ago they let us overstay on th eK & A for around 5 weeks while I healed and we recruited a crew!

Get well soon.

Sue, Indigo Dream

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sue, BW are very accomodating with difficult circumstances. See you at Misty's I believe?

Colin

12:11 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I have contacted BW and it seems they are accommodating. I have found them to be a mixed bag when I have needed some assistance, but I think it helps that this time I am out of Oxford itself.

Colin - I am looking forward to seeing you at Misty's and enjoying reading about your travels. Do you still have your camera? I would love to see some pictures.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home