Friday, April 16, 2010

More Walk Pictures

I love cow troughs in fields – it reminds me of a particularly successful fishing trip when I was, ooh about 3, when I nearly caught a shark (or something equally big). My sister patiently stood next to me trying to catch a fish herself, but I bet she knew we had only been planted there so our devoted parents could go blackberry picking in the peace and quiet!

14042010718

It was a bit of a surprise to walk past the eye catcher for Rousham House

13042010714 

Arriving in Steeple Aston one walks down a rather aptly named road:

13042010716

Which lead to a lovely pub called the White Lion that served Sunday lunch on a Tuesday… but I think it might have been a special occasion. A real family run pub where you felt dinner was from their own table. Beautifully home cooked food, not fancy, not out the freezer, but straight out of a home. Perfect! We nearly didn’t go in because the TV was so loud, but when we walked through the door it was turned down and we had a warm welcome – lovely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home