Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dear Granny

Disaster! It has been hot and mum has gone Mad. At the weekend Mum took the ceiling down all of it... but forgot to buy the wood so didn't have any to put up again. It took the whole weekend to take the ceiling down, drink tea, put up new batons, drink more tea, chat, drink more tea and clear up. funny.

Then, in the night, the insulation fell on my basket with ME in it. I pottered around tapping my toe nails on the floor and eventually mum got up, but she took me to the lavatory, which I did NOT need, and failed to notice the collapsed ceiling! This happened TWICE.  So, when she had fallen asleep I pottered along to her bedroom and slept on the crinkliest noisiest bag I could find.  Finally she woke up, noticed the problem (I had to stare at it) and gaffa taped the ceiling up.

I thought she may have learnt her lesson, but THEN, if that wasn’t enough, the next day Mum and Uncle Mark decided it would be a good idea to move the fire.

To be honest I thought it was a good idea at first because it would be further away from my basket. I don’t like the heat much you see.  Anyway, I sat outside while they did some welding inside. Apparently this is fine. Uncle Mark did the welding and Mum was chief fire officer – well, that was a mistake. They set my basket on fire. MY BASKET!  It was unceremoniously dumped in the canal to put it out and flung on the roof. FLUNG I tell you.

Mum put my basket back together (with the burnt side down) and told me it wasn’t a big burn which really is not the point is it!?!  If Mum thinks it’s OK she can sit in it, I am sitting in her chair from now on.  It is very comfortable.

 

Lots of Love

Boots

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jan said...

Dear Boots,
I think you are a very clever dog to write such a funny blog post!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Boots, when mummy said she set fire to your bed I was really worried that you didn't have a bed left. Greyhounds types NEED their beds. How clever you are to take mummy's chair instead....

Sue, indigo Dream

7:58 AM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

Boots I have a plan for you!!!

Don't nick her chair nick her bed so she can sleep in the burnt basket!!! she will get the idea and buy you a new comfy bed.

You must growl at her if she tries to get you off your new bed.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jan, I am not sure you are feeling my pain..... xxx

Sue - the chair is great...

EB - Good plan, but I can't get into her bed. She has put it in the sky on gas struts and it disappears during the day... which means I would too.

sigh.
Love
Boots

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o boots, sounds a saga to me, why have you not asked Granny to buy you a fire proof bed? it would be much comfyier than what you have i am sure, but Mum needs to call the fire brigade in furture before she does anything on that boat.However, we do think you are a very clever dog, you seem to have summed up mum just right!!

Granny

4:20 PM  
Blogger eeyore said...

dear Boots I haven't heard eeyore laugh so much for a long time. Sorry it was at your expense.
Best Mate

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home