Saturday, October 10, 2009

So that is how it is done!

Since my wobbly attempts at sign writing I have been wondering what I can do to improve my non existing talent so the writing on the other side isn't as wobbly, I have been wondering so unproductively that I think it will be next spring before I get to put paint onto the side.. however, today I was pointed towards this blog, and in their post it says to use chalk. Chalk - what a brilliant idea! I suspect that chalk would make a much better outline to keep the paint in than the imaginary one I used! Brilliant!

3 Comments:

Blogger John Witts said...

What a brilliant idea! Chalk will give an outline to follow and will help give a crisp edge too.

I reckon the new owners of the lovely boat featured are going to lose a bit of sleep preserving that fantastic paint finish though.....

Lots and lots of fenders methinks!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I am just watching the DVD of rebuilding "Dove" and for laying out the sign writing Dave is using a white wax pencil

11:16 PM  
Blogger Whitewater said...

Read it got bored with the blog abut chalk,where was it

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home