Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BSA Bantam

I spent some time on the bantam last night fixing the front forks. The new stanchions have solved the problems with the front fork. Mark Paris gave me a hand which was rather lucky as I needed to make a few adjustments - we had to saw 4mm off a nut, and he had just the gear. Unfortunately I don't saw very straight, but Mark has the most amazing sander on the wall in his boat and that straightened up the wonky bits!



It is beginning to look more like it should do now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Nice photo. What about the fact that it doesn't go?

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Mark said...

Are you going to "Hack" her?
Sidehack, Sidecar. That would be a great way to go! Check out http://www.watsonian-squire.com/
great site.
Mark Haverland

4:32 AM  
Blogger MissT said...

Excellent stuff - looking forward to seeing her up and running..xxxx

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Jim said...

Hello Bones,
Now that brings back fond memories. My first (of many) motorbikes was a Bantam. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I did with mine.

Jim

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home