Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Quiet in the storm

The second part of my Christmas holidays was nothing short of stressful, so I am pleased to be back at work where I can apply my mind and re-instate some routine into my otherwise chaotic life! There have been a few good things that happened though -
Firstly Colin and Jill came to visit on New Years day. Colin helped me a lot when I was scratching my head about getting some plumbing on the boat, and Jill was excellent at explaining the world of ipods when I was looking into getting one of my own with some vouchers I had been given. I find them both very relaxing and excellent company.

On Sunday Nick came to visit and after luncheon in the Boat Inn in Thrupp we took a stroll over to the Hampton Gay Manor house which is now a ruin - I just love it there. It has been fascinating seeing it gently decay over the years, I would love to know who owns it now, as the owner I knew of died some time ago! Lazy Days took an absolutely glorious picture of the house in the sunset When I was looking up the manor house early in the week I found a site that suggested it was haunted - I don't think it is, it felt very homely when I strolled around. I will never tire of taking walks over the fields to the spot.

3 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

I have to say LazyDays' photo is amazing - it looks like a film set!

3:29 PM  
Blogger KG1 said...

Bones there's some info about Hampton Gay here if you haven't already found this.

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=63734#s2

Regards
Keith

5:44 PM  
Blogger nblazydays said...

Well thank you very much WeepingCross. I think that I was just lucky to be there at the right time. That's why I think that is always a good idea to carry a camera at all times.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home