Friday, January 02, 2009

Phone found

Maffi spent some time this morning with the landing net and managed to fish my phone out of the canal! It is now drying, and he has lent me his old phone so I can use that. Thank you!

In other news, the bedroom lining is complete and fabulous, but I am struggling to manage the rest on my own. It occurred to me this morning how lucky I have been in the past to always have 2 pairs of hands and lots of giggles to help me heave bits of wood around and screw bits together, it is hard on ones own! Especially as I am a little bit indecisive at the moment and can't decide what to do next - MOST annoying!

Humans are social beings, and although I would like to be a loner, I find myself enjoying the company of people more and more.

I have 3 days of my holidays left and I am looking forward to returning back to work - holidays seem so stressful, but then so is work!

Perhaps I will take the boat for a cruise.

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

You mean he didn't jump in like Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice? You must be disappointed. :p

7:11 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave some moments ago...

...actually, that's the difficult bit, getting the right people to be around at the right time. Often it's easier to do a job on your own than organise the help that would make it easier.

I'm a funny old bugger, and spend far too much time on my own, but still get by on just enough good company. It's kind of what makes us human.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Goodfellow said...

My lad "washed" his phone when he was at University. It rang when in the rinse cycle by all accounts! I dried it out after rinsing well with good quality bottled water. all was well.
Regards
GOODFELLOW

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home