Saturday, November 01, 2008

Saturday at Didcot

On Saturday morning at some unearthly hour my chum from the Steam Plough Club rang me to let me know the committee were going to have a look around Didcot Steam Railway and I was welcome to join them. So... off we went!

I have never been to the Didcot railway centre because I thought the track was small and the trip would be pointless - how wrong was I! We had a glorgious morning looking around the engine shed, examining the engines, seeing the boilers, watching the restoration and working party as they worked around these glorious engines. It really was an amazing morning. I was particularly struck by the structure of the carriages, rather like an upside down wicker basket!

Pictures to follow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home