Sunday, August 31, 2008

Amsterdam picture book

Amsterdam has long thin houses, and at the top are ‘winches’ which are used to hoist things upstairs. The stairs are very narrow and windy in order to save space, and these levels are a brilliant idea. They work so well even new houses are built with them. All the houses look the same, but apparently the ones with shutters used to be warehouses, these have now been converted into accommodation




I really like the tree lined streets the waterways and the narrow avenues.






This fence:


And the graffiti



While I was in Amsterdam I experienced knee quivering sweet Ecstasy:



2 Comments:

Blogger Nb Yarwood said...

Re the staircases. Have you been to Ann Franks house?

Also I'd never have thought of having mayonnaise on my chip until I visited Amsterdam - now I'm an addict.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Aha! you found the cheese shop then. Did you buy some of the super-aged Gouda? This http://www.cheeseline.com/gourmet-cheese/reypenaer-vsop-cheese-100557.aspx is the one I like best.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home