Thursday, June 19, 2008

If Only

If only I had 85K I would buy this not to make enormous amounts of money, and not to lay on all the supplies, but to be. To live, to write, to create and to experience.

If only.

There was a time that I very nearly bought a house in the middle of nowhere that was boarded up. It had a breadoven as the oven, the bathroom was a bath in the garden and there were outhouses and a little stream. The house was riddled with damp, and water came from the sky rather than the taps (of which there were none). Circumstances didn't allow me to persue it. The other house I fell in love with, was a beautiful cottage near a stream on a country road in Nottinghamshire. The main problem with the house was that one of the walls wasn't really attached to the other three.

Oh well, we can but dare to dream.

Someone like me will never be in the position to buy a place like Little Bourton. If only I could! Here is the pdf file that Granny linked to. Ironically I went through this lock this Easter and was so captivated by the place I moored up and sat opposite it dreaming.

4 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

It sounds ideal for you. A distinct advance on the boat!

9:11 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

quite! Of course WC, I am not proud... do feel free to buy it for me. You could have visiting rights AND it has a pump in the garden......

9:33 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Here is a message from Miss T: "Gosh! At last, you seem to have found a property that would allow you to live in the same degenerate condition on land as you do on your boat."

9:50 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

wanna buy it for me then? It would be right up my street, but sadly now may not be the time for me.

shame, great shame

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home