Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Motorbikes and Weekends

I picked up the bike today! The delight of having decided to do something, and actually done it is a marvellous feeling. Indeed, several of my friends have remarked on how good it is that I have spent a vast amount of money in such a short period of time on something for me! The bike is definitely going to make the commute to work less tiring, and it was lovely being out on two wheels again.

I had a fabulous weekend with Phil and Trish Hanson who I met briefly last year. They cruised up from Surrey on their Narrow boat and stopped in Abingdon for a couple of days. I took the opportunity to moor near them and joined them and Maffi for a BBQ and some chatter on Friday evening. We had a lovely time and they absolutely spoilt me rotten! They are wonderful people, very amusing, very relaxing and very welcoming! I really have met some fantastic people on the waterways.

I have a busy week with work this week, but part of it involves a trip to Derbyshire, so I am going to go and torment Lock Boy for the night - I am rather looking forward to using his bath. He tells me he is out fishing today, so I am rather hoping he will return home with some delicious catches for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home