Friday, May 16, 2008

Exploring the Back Waters

There are many interesting backwaters along the Thames, and the Canals, and I have been rather frustrated not to be able to go down them in the boat. If I were as brave as the TNC I probably would have done, but I have never found much delight in getting stuck.
As a result I have decided that the best thing for exploring them is a rowing boat. The problem is that I don't have one, and they are incredibly expensive. After much thought, I have decided I will build my own. Normally I wouldn't do such a thing, but having witnessed the fabulous efforts of lock boy last year, I think I shall!

All I need now is somewhere dry to build it...!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With your previous history, do you think it will be safe for you to use sharp tools.;)

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And bear in mind that rowing boats have sharp, pointy bits, normally at the front..........but in your case who knows ??

6:56 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

ah, but bottle, I tend to only injure myself on blunt things! I am good with tools...... I hope!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home