Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Devoted Aunt

I had luncheon on Saturday with my chum Zoe to discuss business. In true form neither of us knew anything, and we forgot to bring pen and paper to take notes. I think we were a little more clued up with an action plan by the end of luncheon. Something I found striking however was her wallet and her mobile phone. I made a passing comment about her nieces and their current health (which I learnt was good) and lo and behold I was shown photographs of the gorgeous two with various members of the family. Indeed her brother is also married and is expecting a new baby to accompany Zoe's new nephew, and I saw photos of them too.
Zoe sweetly asked me about my exceptionally gorgeous niece, but sadly all I could find in my wallet were moths and the odd receipt. I think I need to rectify the situation. The question is did the photos come with the wallet, or did the wallet come with the photos? Do the doting parents send wallet and photographs to the family so we can all perform our duties, or am I meant to be devoted enough to collect and trim down my own photographs? And, does the type of wallet matter? Somehow I don't think my kangaroo scrotum is up to storing photographs.
oh dear, I feel a life change coming along - AGAIN. lets hope this one is more successful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

That's funny - until you started talking about wallets I'd assumed that the photos were on the mobile phone... Good place to keep valuables, though, a scrotum.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO!! don't get into that.before long you will be boring perfect strangers with photos of you mothers niece twice removed. and people will leave pubs as you go in. Stay without the family photos.that way madness lies.

grey wolf.

Only kidding, i think the wallet comes with the photos.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home