Monday, October 08, 2007

Wild Flowers

When I was on the K&A with Maffi, Kim and Jim I was amazed at Maffi’s wild flower knowledge. This led to a conversation with my boss about identification books, and how helpful it would be if they were arranged by colour, rather than a system that seems to require a certain level of botanical knowledge. My boss told me of such a book, and mentioned how he had seen one and bought them for his family. This morning I arrived at work to find that my boss and his wife had been for a stroll around Blenheim gardens, and when in the shop they saw another copy of the book he mentioned. They bought it for me, and gave it to me; I am absolutely delighted. What a lovely, kind and wonderful present, I am over the moon!!

The book is called Wild Flowers of Britain and Ireland a photographic field guide to over 600species. Written by Rae Spencer-Jones and Sarah Cuttle. The ISBN is 1-85626-503-x Published by Kyle Cathie Limited

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Would you be so kind as to let the rest of us know the title of the book, author, publisher and possibly its ISBN

With salutations

12:54 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

done.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what a nice boss ,have to say the book made me search ebay but the thing is you cant eat flowers,attractive that they ,Mushroom Hunting 6.49 from amazon,if no one hears from me for a while i may be dead or think iam a leaf fairy

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for describing the book that catalogues wild flowers by colour, and supplying all details required to order a copy.


My copy arrived yesterday, just what I wanted and thought did not exist - really pleased.

Neil

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home