Thursday, October 11, 2007

Eco Fan

Maffi has been borrowing my Ecofan over the last week or so as he has got his stove alight. I am truly amazed at the results. Milly M's layout is such that there is a lot of switching sides and no one bulkhead is in the same place throughout. As a result Maffi was rather skeptical about whether the Ecofan, which is on the stove at the front of the boat, could distribute heat down to the study, which is at the back of the boat. Remarkably the heat distribution is fantastic, and the study for the first time is as warm as any other room. My Eco fan is a three blade one, and to say I am pleased with it is an understatement!

My bedroom was a little bit damp last night so I am wondering whether it is time to fire the stove up; the problem is that I don't think it is quite cold enough to justify it.... but dampish bedding isn't a good thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

"... tis time to use the warming pan!"

In my youth when dampish bedding was the norm we favoured the 2 hottie solution. We put one in about half an hour before bed and came to bed with a fresh one.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go on bones get the fire Roaring!!!

So dissapointed we missed you when you were in MK with keeping up (we were only a mile up the cut!)
:o( could have had a MEGA mini banter :o)
oh well keep well and look after maffimeister.
all the bestest
Keith and Dave nbTanzanite aka KG

8:38 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I must say that having stayed at your place last night, and having finished my morning devotions my behind felt both chilled and damp. It can't have been the Holy Spirit.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why not? if god is omnipresent then he must be there in soggy bed linen.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm encouraged that the Eco fan works so well. I once tried an old computer fan (I think designed for 24V but running off 12V) but all it did was make a lot of noise. The fan was turning all right, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the boat's temperature distribution at all.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home