Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bones has Wood!

Hurrah!

When I have been 'fitting out' my boat, I have been trauling the skips in Surrey and now Oxford looking for suitable bits of ply to make templates and practice getting the right shape and style for cupboards and the such like on the boat. I always wanted to be able to use the ply as a template for the final wood version, and lo and behold I have just found a suitable supply (almost continuous) of wood that is being thrown out. It is from cupboards, shelves and benches - which are just perfect! Unfortunately I have just missed a skip load, but it turns out there is plenty more!!

It usually pays to wait, but I was beginning to think I would have to buy the wood, but I don't. Not only does it save me money, but each peice will tell a story - and that is exactly how I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home