Thursday, October 18, 2007

Welcome to Kidlington: NOT

Maffi wrote this better than I could, so here is the link to the Sheriff of Kidlington Why the man walked passed Maffi who was mooring up behind me and decided to talk to me is beyond me. It was quite obvious that I was busy fiddling around and not waiting for a confrontation.

24hour moorings - yeah right!!

Why the sheriff was so rude is beyond me, does he like to pick on women or is it that pirate flags and skeletons (not to mention the solar panel) give out an 'I'm scum' signal? The ignorance is unbelievable, but not only that but I spent the evening wondering whether the boat (and indeed me) were going to be safe.

I was intending to move the boat today, but I think I will moor there for another day at least, and come back at the weekend for the full 14days mooring. There are times when one 'just has to let it go', and this is one of them, but I am feeling particularly bloody minded and intend to hold it for a bit. I am certainly looking forward to the man walking past the boat this evening with his dog so I can ask him a few pertinent questions. I am practicing my posh accent to go with it.

Why buy a house near a canal and then complain about the boats? I realise I could make things worse for other boaters who come to moor here by firing up the sheriff family, but there are times when us pirate girls shouldn't have to be walked over and take it lying down. Besides, I think they are quite fired up enough. What this country needs is some manners. Why do men think they can have a go at a stranger and then get what they want? The audacity is stunning.

In preparation for this evening think I shall do my hair in spikes, wear a rude t-shirt, chew gum, run my engine (Which I rarely do unless I am moving), play loud music (and sing badly), and use words that are at least 8 syllables long.

1 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

Shame it's so cold or you could do a Maffi and toddle about naked!

It's a manifestation of the same attitude as peole who buy a house near a pub and complain about the noise. The canal was there well before he was.

That said - he probably sensed the toilet arrangements on the boat and worried you'd poo in his garden 8-)

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home