Tuesday, October 02, 2007

2nd October; bits and bobs

I decided some time ago to take a sabbatical from making any decisions until the 1st October. Oh how I was mocked, but it has given me great delight to find that the 1st October has been and gone, and I know I was right to take the time. It always brings me a warm feeling inside when something I decide to do comes to fruition. I am in a much better place to make decisions now that my mind is clearer. The relief is deligthful!

Maffi has gone in for his eye op this morning. His vision in his right eye has been gently deteriorating, and I will be pleased when he is home and full of sight!

My bicycle has decided to give me grief. In this wet weather the brakes don't grip the wheel, and despite my tightening them they still screech when I come to a halt. Hrmph.

Adrian has just delivered a parcel to me from Calcutt. Thank you! I am now the proud owner of a new injector pipe. I unpacked it, and turned around to my boss who also admired it and I said how manly I felt when handling a bit of engine. He has just informed me that there is something else one has to do to be manly, and that is to impress a women. How true!!!!! and that is NEVER going to happen!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Bones, now you've gone and spoiled it! A "manly" girl with a "new injector pipe" indeed! How CRUEL you are to shatter my dreams of happiness with your crude innuendo.

And I thought that you were just a NORMAL diesel-perfumed, oil-bespattered girl.

Never would I have imagined that you were a...a... - I can't even bring myself to type the word.

I'm sorry Bones, but it's over between us. Don't try to contact me, I'm gone forever.

11:51 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

normal?! Gosh, you do say the most wonderful things! You will notice that my boss put me straight immediately on the manly front and I can only conclude that the injector pipe went straight to my dizzy filled head. However some good has come of it; the revelation that I shall never be manly, is such a joyeous one that I can but smile and rejoice. As much as I would like to engage in the wailing and gnashing of teeth as you toss your hair and mince off, I simply can't, I have some cakes to cook and some washing up to do as I revel in being normal.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you and maffi will be very happy take good care of him

1:05 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

me and maffi happy? good heavens... where did that come from?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maffi!! I never said anything about Maffi!! I just said that I'd be gone forever, and I was, well, GONE until this IMPOSTOR posted.

But still... parting is such sweet sorrow... adieu, my pretty diesel- fragranced one, adieu.

P.S. If anyone else posts as "anonymous" it's NOT me, right?

1:27 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

How can you leave me?

I am diesel and oil fragranced...!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

re: brake noise ... clean the rims of your wheels

10:54 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Thanks Lorna - I shall try that. I think the brakes may need adjusting too - I did it a bit this morning but they still squeeled! I shall get my duster out on the rims in the morning.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home