Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pottering about in the van

This weekend see's me on the shake down whatsit of 'The Van'.  I won't be the first (or last) person to be inspired by a play, let alone Alan Bennett, but when I saw 'The Lady in the Van' I was inspired.  That, combined with taking tea in Graham's van and the great Hymer introduction, I was hooked. Some say 'Lady' has a long way to go, but there is no doubt I have the van nailed.  It's a white panel van called Patch.  We are going to go everywhere together (expect when I am going everywhere together with two, or no, wheels). Boots has taken to dining in the front cabin while I admire the view and google for strong wall magnets. I was going to build cupboards, but I think I will just magnet everything to the wall.
So, here we have the view.....

Or not...I can't work out how to do it....such is the fresh air!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took our van on it's maiden voyage to France and Spain. First morning in France we were still putting last few bits of panel back. The quick temporary (may be permanent at this rate) bed involved a childrens toy storage shelving unit from IKEA £40 (approx 1 metre long) with a piece of marine ply cut to size by the nice people at B&Q. This was bolted to the IKEA unit with a 30cm overlap at the head end and the rest at the foot end. the fridge unit fitted under this section perfectly. I slept on this 'top bunk' and at night the second mattress dropped to the floor for himself to sleep on the 'bottom bunk'. Worked brilliantly. Kath nb.bobcat

5:59 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Sounds brilliant! A fridge though? Wow!!!!! It sounds like we have a similar lay out. I am still trying to master the water, washing and washing up thing!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also made a temporary kitchen pod. Which involved a washing up bowl sitting in a removable frame at the top. This could be replaced with a plain board to support the alcohol hob. Then shelves below which held the hob and food when moving. The washing up bowl had the plates etc in when moving so everything had to be muffled as himself cannot bear a rattle! I hung stuff off the side like pots. Everything has to be removable as he also needs to be able to carry motorbike or two to shows etc. Kath nb.bobcat

6:28 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I cannot bear rattle either! It sounds as though you have Theban thing nailed. Do you have photographs? I can't quite picture the pod

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is one of the van and you can just see a bit of the pod on my blog. The rest of the photos are on my other computer. Will upload to my blog for you at the weekend.
Kath
nb.bobcat

12:08 PM  
Blogger nb.bobcat said...

See blog for photos
Kath

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home