Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blisworth, Grump, suspensions and fury.

I am all in favour of festivals but I was cursing them on Saturday.  And Sunday.  I can't make the Blisworth Canal festival on the 8th and 9th August but I thought I would spend a week there this week. It was going to work out well as I had offered to help another friend move their boat on Sunday and for various reasons Blisworth suited me well.  I arrived at Blisworth, moored up, packed a bag and headed off.  A friend texted me to say there were signs suspending the moorings.  It wasn't clear whether that was for the whole of Blisworth so I had to go and have a read of them myself.  I was infuriated to discover signs suspending the moorings some two weeks before the festival starts -  from 27th July for everywhere.


Even more infurating was that these signs were off my radar - I thought they were advertising the festival so I didn't notice them when I moored up.  (They seemed to be advertising the festival rather than suspension of mooring).  I was even more cross that the CRT notice board didn't even have a notice in it!


I was incredibly tempted to stay where I was but being a good rule abiding citizen (when it suits me) I decided to move on.  I pulled the pins and headed off feeling pleased to leave Blisworth behind (it is the same place my motorcycle got sabotaged).  I didn't have to go far before I found a space near Gayton Juntion. I pulled in to see this:

I am not sure why 'stag the dump' reserved the spot because they weren't there when I arrived, and they weren't there the following morning.  I could have moored up there, but I didn't. It looked to me that doing so would create a scene and I was fed up of the scene that day so I moved on.

Again.

I was in a right grump.  I will get over it.  If you are passing Blisworth Canal Festival do go - it sounds great fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boat there moors there is currently out the water having its bottom blacked!

9:33 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

But it is a visitor mooring so there can't be a boat that moors there!! Confused.

9:39 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

Limpet mines....

The only way forward in the circumstances.....

:-)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home