Friday, March 21, 2014

The Horn and I

A handsome horn with a tale.

The horn was on the back of the boat when Bottle and I took the boat in to Oxford some moons ago. As we approached the lock there was a bit of a hoo har of a song and dance and after much distraction and jolliness we got through the lock and continued our journey in to Oxford... except there was no horn.

The horn must have fallen off.

After the weekend, Bottle and Mrs Bottle took their boat down to the area we thought it *might* have fallen off and they spent some time hunting for it.

In the meantime my mum bought me a horn.

Mr and Mrs Bottle found the horn. I said they could keep it, but they too had bought a horn.

So, we had a grimey horn which Bottle took apart and cleaned up.

I now have a horn with a tale.

That is the tale of the horn with the tale.

Lovely memories, lots of fun, lots of laughter and good friendship. The horn says it all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Malcolm said...


So what happened to the horn your Mum bought for you?

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Wozie said...

Thank you for that little story.
I have now blogged the story of my horseshoe.

11:17 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Malcolm - I use that too.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home