Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bloody Bastards.

It is 9pm.  There I was sitting in my arm chair enjoying the faint sound of the church bells wafting over the fields in the silence when Clancy moored opposite decided to start their engine. 9PM!!!

WHY oh WHY oh WHY.

It is 9pm.

It drives me potty that people have absolutely no consideration for their neighbours or the importance of quite evenings let alone sleep.

Fortunately I have earplugs that cut out the noise of thus particular engine and I will go and out them in and calm down.  Goodbye quiet evening,  Hello earplugs.

Come morning I will probably remove the swear words in the title as well.



5 Comments:

Blogger eeyore said...

They HAVE TO watch the television and the battery volts re getting low, I expect.

SO sorry that your peace is shattered once again. I really do sympathise.

You would NEVER catch me starting my engine to watch the tv!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Nev Wells said...

Seems people cannot extract themselves from how they may live on the land....IMHO such should reside in marinas where they can connect to all the power and water they need. Sorry you cannot enjoy the peace we know the canal should provide

Nev

10:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hi,

Some people can be very inconsiderate, but I would at least have spoken to them and asked them to switch the engine off.

They could have said no and you would have been no worse off. The alternative is they realised how selfish their actions were and agreed to switch the engine off.

In either event they will know that switching the engine on again tonight will cause a problem and they might think twice about it.

John

9:38 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

John,
You are right, I could have spoken to them, but they were on the other side of the cut and I was ill so I didn't really think I could face the walk around and back again.

I will most certainly be talking to them today. I am disappointed that the 8am to 8pm rule of running engines (except in the middle of nowhere) is generally disregarded on the cut these days.


The point is, no-one should have to ask anyone to switch their engine off because the person who wants to run it out of hours will have checked already!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Narrowboatboy said...

You did right, leave the blog post title as it is, it's fine as it reflects your mood brought on by this irresponsible behaviour.....I hate this too!
Have a word though for your own sanity....!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home