Friday, March 02, 2012

What do you do?

When your mother has just died?

I don’t know about you but when something big happens I need quiet, space and time.

Recently my dear friends dear Father died, and he said he needed quiet and time to get used to the change. I knew I needed to do the same, but only because it rang true when he said it was part of the way things were for him.

Following Mum’s death I took 2 days off work and I gave myself just that, quiet, space and time. I walked, I thought, I sat and I reflected. Firstly I visited a place where I had been with Mum, and secondly to a place I had been with me.

the last time I looked down this path – Mum was in the middle of it. She wasn’t this time.

IMAG1061 IMAG1068

IMAG1065

I often go here to think. It is quiet, it is lonely, it is windswept, it has views and it is utterly wonderful.

IMAG1071 IMAG1077

IMAG1079

I sat on a bench and I time, space and silence sat in the seat next to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home