Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming together

Contrary to popular belief, I do not like living in a tip. The good ship Bones has been sailing the high seas over the last few months as a workshop. This is the problem with living in a small-ish space; when one room becomes attacked with 'modernisation' the rest of the boat becomes the store room. I can live in all manner of states as long as there is a roof over my head, but after a while the mess takes its toll in all senses. Now I have somewhere to lay my head that isn't in the wood pile I am pleased. I also fell in love with a sink and purchased it so the bathroom is now also coming together. The problem with boats is nothing is ever as simple as it might initially seem. The new sink couldn't be slotted into the plumbing system that was present and active, so it had to be redone which involved endless trips back and forward with various fittings and fixtures. It really DOES pay to live opposite a builders and plumbing merchants!!!!

The boat still looks a mess and very uncomplete, but I can see it all coming together and that puts a smile on my face and some rest in my soul.

Today I like boats....

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Oh, I sympathise - I'm getting back into the swing of working on Tortoise recently, tidying up the water system (although my pump seems to have died completely now), and finishing all the jobs which the pile of left over wood is waiting for. Of course if I realise I'll filled up my bed with crap and I can always just get a train back to my house... ;-)


I've just sent off my application for Little Venice this year, as much to have something to work towards as nothing else...

11:08 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I thought your previous sink was perfectly adequate - at least compared to the original, pink plastic one! It must have been quite something for you to 'fall in love' with a china cleansing utensil.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home