Monday, July 14, 2008

Spider

I had a glorious weekend visiting the ancestral seat and found the garden was looking absolutely glorious! Pa has worked really hard to make it stunning, and I have always admired his forethought and care (not to mention patience!). When I was a nipper he planted some laurels in the corner of the garden, and took me along to admire his new 'secret garden'. As I stood there beside him, I thought he might finally have lost it, the only bit of me that wasn't taller than the Laurel was my feet, and I didn't think that was terribly secret at all! He went on to tell me the laurels would grow and hide the area. I really wasn't sure there was any point, they would take ages to grow and by then centuries would have passed. He was absolutely right though, 15years later and you walk straight past that section thinking it is the end of the garden. He has also developed a winding stroll to it through the bushes - OK, so you have walk bent up double, but it is a glorious woodland walk. It almost turned out to be an appetiser for me, when I started to stroll through and nearly ate the door man:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home