Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday with Tom

This morning I met up with Tom Leary and we went off to learn more about the civil war. I am a complete philistine when it comes to history, and it is about time I learnt! I was delighted that Tom could open up this world to me. We stopped for a coffee here:



a stunning pub in Edgehill, the walls are covered in civil war memorabilia.

After driving around the countryside looking at the sites and piecing together the events, Tom decided we should head over to Broughton Castle:



A glorious day, and fantastic fun. We even stopped so Tom could show me some wild garlic growing on the edge of the road in Farnborough.

I spent the evening chatting away with my cousin in the local Mill Centre.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen Tom perform a couple of times with "Feast of Fiddles". A fine musician indeed - but is he really as morose as he appears on stage performance?

4:35 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Tom is a hoot!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bones found your blog yesterday and the first thing I see is you know Tom. Please say hello from me to him when you next see Tom. Tom's a great geezer its been a couple of years since I have worked with him. As for morose, people say I never smile whilst working I think its to do with concentrating hard. Dont think I will make the banter to much work to finish on the boat. Hope to meet you soon.
JohnO.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home