Friday, December 21, 2007

Phoenix 58

This morning as I walked down the towpath I saw a rather lush looking boat coming towards me, and on closer inspection I saw that it wasPhoenix 58. I read about this boat some time ago, and heard some of the views from fellow boaters, but in the 'flesh' this boat is gorgeous. It is striking with its smooth lines and different look. I have seen this before, but it was only a breif sighting across a crowded thames. Today I was able to stand on the towpath and gawp to my hearts delight as it slid past the moorings on this narrow canal. I like it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Which direction was it heading? If it was going north, I'll keep an eye out in case we see it over the next few days.

Adam (the other one)

3:18 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

heading north this morning at 11:45. Do keep a look out - I was really surprised at how good it looks!!!!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

We passed Phoenix 58 at Fenny Compton. I got a photo, which I'll post once the daily trip report is out the way. I'm not sure I like it a great deal -- it's not a very friendly looking boat as it heads towards you!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home