Friday, March 08, 2013

Winter Fun of never ending proportions

Fun? Did I say fun?

The small job I started on the boat and several months later  I thought it was all coming to an end.  The end, as usual, is a rather tenuous relation to finished, but it was the end for now.  The end being enough that I can move off the mooring I am on and sail off into pastures new.

I sat in my arm chair dreaming of misty mornings standing at the tiller cruising along the waterways.  I had already decided that I would stop in various places and do a ‘little bit more’, but the major deconstruction and reassembly was just about done.  The vast improvement was brilliant.  All I had to do was put the calorifier back into place, plumb it in and be gone.

Oh no.  This is not how it has worked out at all.  It seems that my aged calorifier didn’t like being unplugged and has decided to leak.  I have peered poked and prodded but it is looking increasingly like I will need a new one.

sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil Corbett said...

Ouch. Not cheap. However if you can flog the old one for scrap it might be worth a surprising lot of money (assuming it is copper).

Neil
PS If you do get away, where to?

2:42 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

It is copper... and someone recently traded one in for 50pounds.

I thought that I would point the bow in the opposite direction of the Thames and see what happens!

3:23 PM  
Blogger James said...

Don't forget some photos of all the hard work :-)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home