Monday, October 29, 2012

16meters

What is it about 16meters?  Nearly all of the auction moorings that are coming up that ‘might’ be suitable for the good ship if I was inclined seem to be 16meters long, which is just too short.  I wonder if they allow any error in the boat size, I don’t suppose they do.  I recall someone bidding for a mooring not too far away from me, they won, but then they weren’t allowed to moor there because they were deemed too long – even though they fit. I know they fit because the mooring came up again but this time it was a bit bigger and they bid for it and won. 
In the good old days the moorings used to be 70ft and then some strange sizes came up that seemed barely big enough to moor my bomber boots and now the moorings are something just too short to moor the boat.  I find the whole thing perplexing.
Wind turbines blades, in some areas of the world, are 16meters long.  I wonder whether CRT are using them to measure out plots these days. 

3 Comments:

Blogger nb.bobcat said...

60feet equals 18metres if that helps at all?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your boat is just short of 16.5 mts. I am sure you woud fit in if you lifted the fenders. :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

but why are they all 16meters! I imagine that if I lifted my fenders and the fenders of the boat next door it would work out quite well....

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home