Monday, June 14, 2010

Foaming Lavatory Seat

I was flicking through one of the pamphlets that came through with the magazine and was reminded of a particular event when I came across the ‘soft comfortable toilet seat (buy one get one free)’140620101146

Many moons ago when I was driving up to Arisaig (which is the most beautiful journey) to catch the ferry to the Isle of Muck. I stopped for a cup of tea in a delightfully pink doyley infested tea room in Glencoe.  Whilst there I took the opportunity to go to the lavatory. I opened the door and was amazed at the sight in front of me. The lavatory seat was about 2inches high and made out of a royal green vinyl (that looked like leather).  I lowered myself upon the throne wondering whether my feet would touch the ground once positioned. They did, but only because I sank, with a speed I have never sunk before, into the lavatory seat. That too was made of foam and it was the most un-nerving experience ever. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

On Radio Norfolk today I heard that in Japan toilet seats are heated, not only that as soon as you sit on them they make a noise so others can't hear what you are doing.
On top of this the hand wash basin is built into the top of the cistern so the water you use to wash your hands is then used to flush the loo next time its used.

5:19 PM  
Blogger nb.bobcat said...

I doubt even Japanese seats could drown out my morning musicality...

8:09 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

Without seeking to lower the tone yet further, could the 'Buy One Get One Free' acronym apply rather too well here?

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home