Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Anchors and their chains

I have always found it hilariously funny that some boaters have a wonderful anchor attached to a beautiful piece of chain, and NOT attached to the boat. It tickles me pink as I picture the scene; a poor distressed boat where the owners think the best thing to do in a moment of crisis is to throw a huge lump of metal over board. That it isn't attached to the boat drums up the most wonderful mental images!

Interestingly, I have never met anyone who doesn't have their anchor attached to a chain, then on to a rope, and tied firmly onto their boat. Or at least, I THOUGHT I hadn't!

See here

tee hee

3 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

What's with your links? The one here doesn't work either!

3:24 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

fixed now I hope!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooohh "anchors aweigh"

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home