Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Water Pressure

If you have read my recent article in Canal Boat Magazine you will notice that I have learnt all about water pressure, of course I knew the theory - but with many things theory doesn't quite filter through to practice.
It would seem that even practice doesnt' filter through to practice! This morning I moved the boat to the water point and started to fill up with water. At the same time I decided to check all the connections under the front deck including the water pump itself for any leaks. I squeezed in and had a good rummage and came to the conclusion there was indeed a leak. I localised this to the pump and after some deliberation decided the best thing to do was take the pump out and have a look properly. Knowing all about water pressure I isolated the water, and knew it wouldn't go everywhere because I had already run the tank dry. Oh dear... how so very wrong.

I undid the connections and had completely escaped to consider the accumulator in the process. OH MY, water really does come out exceptionally quickly. I thrust the pipes back together, but because I was trying not to giggle and couldn't really see anything I couldn't quite get them straight and every now and again a high pressure spray of water would be released in the confines of the small space I squeezed into.

After gaining some composure I was very releived when I managed to attract Maffi's attention to come and hold the torch while I amended the situation.

Boats and girls are a complete and utter triumph!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that why you've removed the link to Maffi's, and other websites in your boat links section?

Arrr! tut! :o)

9:31 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

have I... no I haven't - they are still there. Are you using firefox?

9:32 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

oooh Liam.. you are NORTY! You have posted that so everyone clicks on the links to check they are still working!!!

Go STRAIGHT to jail and DO NOT pass go!

LOL

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bones

Liam is correct, the links to, Maffi, Blackbird, Millie (nick bolton), Ten Bob note, Travel tangents, Mark Parris, Backworking, Canalworld and Solar panels are all not working.
I am using Firefox.

They have been like this for sometime now, did mention it but you must have missed it. :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home