Sunday, September 09, 2007

Thursday 6th September

We picked up my fixed car (finally) and dropped it off in Eynsham and then back to the boat for some rope throwing lessons before set off down the river. The trip was surprisingly smooth, Weeping Cross has had an interesting few months and is a changed man, I found it difficult to get my head around as he was really very good with the ropes and the boat. After Kings Lock we were on unknown territory and Weeping Cross took the tiller and I swept the roof as we glided through the countryside. By the time we arrived in Eynsham I was exhausted, I waved good bye to weeping cross and went over to Maffis to chill out. I am off to stay in a lovely village tomorrow and will be attending a wedding on saturday. Life seems to be running very fast at the moment, I can barely take it in.

Philip Hanson on Chota Memsahib II was moored opposite Maffi and came over in his tender to say hello. I love meeting people who read my blog, it proves that someone other than my mother reads it regularly (and I don't think even she does!)! Philip was an interesting chap, and it was lovely to talk boats. Thanks for popping over - it is a shame it couldn't have been for longer.

Pie and fine wine for supper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home