Sunday, December 21, 2014

Oops - water pump again!

The water pump is throwing stuff around the place again. I thought this one would last longer, but it must be about 6 years since I turned up at a boat yard with it in my hand. It had broken so I took it off and took it along to a boat yard to get a replacement. I took Maffi with me.  Once the proprietor had been persuaded to talk to me about it rather than Maffi (who had come along for the ride but as the only man of the duo was clearly the one who knew all about it) was suitably rude telling me the pump had come off a different engine and that I was effectively too stupid to know my own engine.  He even took me around the back to show me a similar version of my engine. He was wrong (mine is blue, not green)...but I listened to his little patronising speech as I am sure it made him feel better.

 His patronising tone and attempt at humiliation went over my head at the time, but he was quite convinced that the pump I wanted was in the box in his hand even though an amateur at the well known game 'snap' would know the difference.  Fortunately someone else working there seemed unfazed at a women holding an engine part in her hand and sorted it out.

I think I will do a spot of internet shopping for this little number this time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So its not the crank shaft seal then

12:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So its not the crank shaft seal then

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't understand a lot of men's attitudes towards women. Had exactly the same problem when my wife was looking for another motorbike. THREE dealerships ignored my wife and just spoke to me even though I kept pointing out it was her buying the bike. Needless to say we just walked out but the fourth was brilliant. Started talking to me and I thought here we go again but as soon as I said it was my wife who was buying a bike, the sales guy completely swapped and then proceeded to ignore me.
I even had a very educated guy look me in the eyes and openly stated in front of mixed company that women cant ride a big bike even though my wife was standing next to her 1000cc Suzuki

Chris

8:05 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

the crank shaft oil seal is a candidate for the oil leak...but I am hopeful that I got it wrong and it is the water pump only - as that is much easier to get to! At least I can now check the oil seal (in a slightly risky way, but it will give me an answer...!)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home